January 8, 2013

Tiny Dancer

 
Ava tried her first dance class today.  It was so cute to watch her follow instructions.  And a relief.  She's been a velro baby since the day she was born and it's time for to start making other attachments.  I love her to pieces, but sometimes I feel like I'm FALLING to pieces because she's constantly hanging on my arm, my leg, or whining for me to pick her up.  I was worried that she wouldn't even go in the classroom without me, but she proved me wrong!  She walked right into the room and smiled and tried so hard to do what the teacher asked her to do.  She didn't have tap shoes (it's a ballet, tap and tumbling class) because I wanted to make sure she would do it before I invested money in dance gear.   The day after class, I bought her some tap shoes on the yard sale page and she was so excited for her "click-clicks".
 
 
A few days later, we got a package in the mail for Ava.  Her dance clothes arrived!  I tried to find good condition second-hand stuff, but was just not successful (with the exception of the tap shoes).  So she got two new leotards (pink and black), two pairs of pink convertible tights (a must for a class wear they wear ballet/tap shoes AND run around barefoot), and some tumbling shorts.   She had to try it all on right away.  I should've said no, because within 2 hours she had spilled soda on the front of the leo.  *sigh*  Into the washer it went, and now it's as good as new.  She's excited to wear her new clothes to dance class next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment